ESABASE2 3.0 Release Notes
These release notes include all features, updates, extensions and bug-fixes included in ESABASE2 since release 2.0.
- BAS Import:
- REMOVE is now supported.
- A progress bar was added to display progress information during the import.
- Geometry Editor:
- Material handling has been added:
- The Geometry Wizards provide a new wizard page to define materials and assign them to surfaces.
- All materials are stored within a library which can be extended by user-defined materials.
- Capability to analyse the incident energy
- of the Sun,
- of planet albedo and
- of planet infrared radiation
on a geometry, and its absorption by the surfaces of the geometry.
- Consideration of shadowing, reflection and transmission effects.
- Additional material attributes (for absorptivity, reflection and transmission) are provided via the material editor.
- Sunlight provides geometrical analysis only.
COMOVA (COntamination Modelling Outgassing & Vent Analysis Tool):
- Developed by ONERA and HTS in 2000.
- Modelling of molecular contamination on spacecraft’s external surfaces.
- Including solvers for geometric analysis and ground test.
- Additional Geometry Editor page for COMOVA specific geometry attributes.
- Capability to analyse the flux of several gas types (atoms and ions) on an orbiting geometry (up to 2000 km altitude).
- Several atmosphere and ionosphere models included.
- Consideration of wind effects (wind models).
- Geometrical and non-geometrical analysis capabilities (similar to the Debris application).
- Display of atmosphere model specific parameters.
- New atmosphere models: JB2006 and NRLMSISE00.
- New ionosphere model: IRI2007.
- Wind model: HWM93 (Atmosphere and Ionosphere applications).
- All applications now provide a printing option for listing files.
- The result editors have been extended by an option to save the 3D view as JPEG or PNG.
- 20 smaller bugs have been fixed.